After you sign in, you will be greeted with the App Manager page. On this page you can create, edit, or delete apps. You can also install pre-made app templates from the Templates tab.
App Manager Page
To start, click the Create New App button, and choose to Start from a Blank App.
Choose a Name for your new app. Here, you can also write a short description, and customize your app with a unique color and icon, but don’t worry about it too much, you can change them later whenever you want.
New application creation
Now you can design your list by adding the fields you want. Fields are properties of the List’s Records, for example the Name of a Product, or the Phone-Number of a Contact, or the Date of an Appointment.
To add a new field, press the New Field button. You can choose the Name and Type of your field. Workiom supports many Field Types, like Text, Numbers, Dates, File Attachments, and much more! But don’t worry, you can learn more about them later.
Adding fields to the list
When you finish designing you list, press the go To List button.
Now you can see your List’s Data Grid. To start adding data to the list Press the New Record button, then fill in the Form and press Save.
Congratulations! Now you have your first record. You can continue to add records, and create new lists and apps.
Or you can explore the more advanced and powerful features of Workiom:
- Fields & Data Types: Design Lists to better fit your requirements by learning about the many Field Types and Advanced Options available at your disposal.
- Templates: Get started quickly by installing Templates; Pre-designed Apps that you can further customize, created by the Workiom team to cover various cases and business needs from Support Ticketing to Customer and Order Management.
- Linking Data: Link multiple Orders with the Customer that placed them, or Tasks with the Project that contains them. This can save time by not having to duplicate data in multiple places and makes it easier to modify and maintain, and faster to access relevant information when you need it.
- Widgets Dashboard: Create Widgets in your App’s Dashboard to see custom summaries and statistics of your App. This will provide you with a better understanding of your data and process, and helps you plan your decisions and optimize your workflow.
- Teams & Collaboration: Learn how to invite your team members to share your workspace and apps, so you can work and coordinate together.
- Filters & Views: Filters are powerful tools that help you find the data you care about using filtering rules. Views are different ways to look at your lists that you can create, including saved filters, and various View Modes,
- Kanban Board: Learn how to use the Kanban Board, a View Mode where each record is represented by a card that you can drag and drop between different status columns. Moving Tasks from To-do to Done, and Orders from Placed to Fulfilled, this allows you to turn your static data into a collaborative team process.