Setting the rules has been never done easier and more elegant. The new section in your Workiom, the Automation design page, lets you play with cards to create a flow chart, your new rule. Simple and fun, like a board game.
To start a new automation task, just click on the Automation button as explained below:
The automation consists of:
- a Trigger — it is the rule that causes the workflow process to start.
- a Condition — it specifies an additional condition to trigger the workflow.
- an Action (Task) — it is the actual task to be performed if the workflow is triggered and the condition is met.
Let's dig a bit into details.
Triggers. There are three types of them.
- Record Created — triggers the automation when a record is created in a list.
- Value Changed — works when a specific field in a record gets changed.
- Date based Trigger — sets action when a record's data value is reached (like an approaching deadline).
Conditions. This card is optional. Use it when you need to specify any formula expression. That's where our easy-to-operate Workiom's formula language comes in handy.
This card is optional and allows the user to specify any formula expression using Workiom’s formula language. The result should be a True or False value. Plainly speaking, if the condition works, the workflow is triggered, otherwise, it is not.
Actions. We started with three options, the names speak for themselves:
- Create Record
- Update Linked Record
- Notify User.
With the Automation feature, all processes and workflow can be automated reducing human errors and saving time and money.