If you’re looking to manage tasks that have a specific assignee and a due date, task list provides you with the features you need to best manage your load and your team.
Creating a Task List
- Under any App, click + new list.
- Select task.
- Click Create List, and the following will happen:
- A task list will be created
- The list will have 5 fields by default (Status, Summary, Description, Assignee, Due date)
- You have 3 views (Board, table and calendar), Board is the default view.
- Status represents the current stage of the task in the process.
- It comes with 3 default values (To do, In Progress and done)
- To do is the default status
- Done is the closure status
- Tasks in closure status will not appear in my work unless you toggle “Show Completed Tasks”
- You can add as many more statuses as you want
- A short usually single sentence description of the content of the task
- The summary of the tasks is what you will see in my work, so we recommend writing a summary that will help you easily remember the content of the task
- This field hold the full content or scope of the task
- We recommend you write a good description of what needs to be done in the task, it helps better align the team, the effort and the expectations.
- This field determines who sees what in their “My Work” Page
- Users assigned to this field will see the assigned task in “My Work”.
- The date on which the task should be completed.
- This field help you better filter your tasks in “My work” using the due date filter
- The due date’s color will change according to its relation with the current date
- If it’s in the past it will turn Red
- If it’s today it will turn Green
Switching from Data to Task list
You can switch your data list to task list to display your tasks on my work with a few simple steps:
- Go to the list you’d like to switch
- Make sure the list has no more than
- Open the lists menu
- Select Task, and you will be asked to provide the following:
- Assignee field
- You can select any user field from the list to make it act the assignee field
- Remember that users assigned to this field will see those tasks in “My Work” page.
- Due Date Field
- You can select any date field from the list to use it as a due date in the task list.
- This field will now change color as explained above.
- And you can filter according to it using the due date filter in “My Work”
- Status Field
- You can select any existing Static list or Status field from the list
- If you select a static field:
- The first option will become the default value of the status field
- The last option will become the Closure status of the status field
- If there are empty values in this field they will be filled automatically with the default value.
- Click update and start managing your tasks 😀