Request data from other Apps and use it in Workiom.
How to use
- Select the desired trigger
- From the Actions select call API
- Here you can start configuring your action
- You need to start by pasting the API provided by the App you’d like to connect to in the URL box.
- If the App you’re trying to connect to requires any authentication you can add those to the headers.
- Select the Method type, since we’re expecting to receive data we recommend using Get
- When you select Get, you will be asked to share an example of the response you’re expecting to get from the other App
- An easy way to do this would be to past the url in your browser, and copy the result you get, like in the example below:
- The final configuration should look something like this:
- Now that our CallPI is configured we can proceed to build the action we’d like to apply using the data received
- Under Call Api Click “Add Action”.
- Select the action you’d like to proceed with, in this example we’re using create record
- If you're Mapping the Value to a field
- Next to the field click the drop down menu
- From the drop down menu select Property
- Then Select the property from the received data
- If you're using Formula, Email, Or message Body
- Use double square brackets "[["
- Select the property from the drop down, if you don't see it continue typing to narrow down search results.