🎬Find Record Action
Easily update all records matching a criteria.
How to Use
- After selecting the desired trigger, in the action step select “ Find Record”
- Select the Application and List you’d like to find the record in
- Click the “ New Field” next to find by, you will be presented with a list of fields that belongs to the list
- Select the field you’d like to use for the search criteria
- Then Select the operator you would like to use for comparison:
- Is operator will look for an exact match of the selected fields value
- Contains operator will look for a partial match of the selected fields value, only available for linked list fields.
- Then Select comparison type:
- Dynamic will let you compare the Find By field to a field from the triggering record or an incoming webhook property.
- Static will let you compare the Find By field to a static value that you can manually input
- Formula will give advanced comparison options based on the output of the formula you create.
- From “ Found Records” you can select to apply the action to:
- Only the first record found based on the search criteria
- Apply it to the first x records found based on the search criteria, this is limited to 5000 records max.
- After your done setting up your find criteria, you can continue to select the action you’d like to apply to the found record
- Now that our find criteria is set-up we can proceed to build the action we’d like to apply to the found record/records
- Under Find Record Click “Add Action”
- Select the action you’d like to take, in this example we will select update record
- In “ The Record To Update” drop down you will find 4 options
- Triggering Record: this will select the record that triggered the automation.
- Triggering Record - Linked: this will open a drop down of the Linked List field of the record that triggered the automation.
- Output Trigger: this will select the record that was found based on the Find Criteria in the previous step.
- Output Record - Linked: this will open a drop down of the Linked List field of the record that was found based on the Find Criteria in the previous step.
- After selecting “ The Record To Update” you can select the fields you’d like to update
- If you select Dynamic you will be presented with the fields from both the Triggering Record and the Output Record to select from
- Once you’re done selecting the fields you’d like to update, click Done, Save the automation, and you’re good to go.
Important Note 🔴
- Each action executed under the automation will count as an execution and it will be reflected to the automation quota accordingly.
- E.g. if find criteria was set to find 100 records and execute 5 different action for each record this will count as 500 execution
- I.e. Number of found records x Count of Actions per record