A pie chart is a type of graph that represents data as a circle divided into slices. Each slice represents a proportion of the whole, and the size of the slice corresponds to the magnitude of the proportion. Use Pie charts for better display of percentages and fractions of a total.
Creating a slice Chart widget
- Under any App, go to reports
- Click + Report
- Name your report
- Select the list you want to get the data from.
- From the Chart Type, select Pie Chart
- Then continue to configure it
Applying a mathematical function to all values in each group, e.g. get a total of all values, applying a filter later in the configuration will limit the function to work only on the values from records which match the filter.
- Sum will calculate the total of all values in each group.
- Average will calculate the mathematical average of all values in each group.
- Max will retrieve the Maximum value in each group
- Min will retrieve the Minimum value in each group
- Count will count the records which has a value in the selected field
- Count is the only function that accepts all types of fields.
- This is where you select the field that you want the function to run on.
- Select a field to group the data by, each group will be represented by a slice.
- If you groupe by a date field you can also set frequency
- Frequency can Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly
- Each slice will represent a time frame determined by the frequency (e.g. if you select weekly, each slice will represent a week.)
- Limit how many slices are displayed in the chart.
- The maximum number of slices you can see in the chart at a time is 100.
- If there are more groups than the limit the rest of the groups will be all gathered under one slice called others.
- To better control which slices are showing you can use a mix of Filters and Sorting.
- You can sort your slices either by
- Value, which will sort based on comparing the value represented in the slices.
- Legend, which will sort based on groups labels.